Cariadoc of the Bow
- declared war on himself and lost, thus starting the Pennsic Wars.
- proposed the idea of Enchanted Ground.
- publishes the Miscellany.
- was an early translator of medieval cookbooks, and source for the same.
- is, to the best of my research, the Premier Pelican of the SCA.
And many, many other things. Do a Google search on "Cariadoc of the Bow" and see what happens. (As of today, 13 Sept. 2010, that search has 2,620 hits and there are many references to Duke Cariadoc or Master Cariadoc and so on that don't show up on that search.
- Some history about the founding of Pennsic - http://www.nordskogen.northshield.org/pennsicprimer/01war.htm
- Cariadoc's web pages with links to the Miscellany, Cookbooks, etc. - http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Medieval.html