Honour like chivalry is something that people often have "strange" ideas about and its exact meaning (or value) has changed slightly over time.
In the SCA people can mean several things when they say Honour but most of these can be boiled down to a few simple points:
- Treat others with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Never pass scurrilous gossip or tell lies about another, nor let someone do so in your presence.
- Do not say unkind things about another person when they are not around to defend themselves.
- Always keep your given word.
- Always assume others are as honourable as yourself, unless you have absolute proof otherwise
- Call your opponent's good hits during Combat, and give them the benefit of the doubt if they call yours light.